Monday, May 18, 2009

The Forest Queen Isn't Very Tall

I've noticed the Decemberists making their rounds on talkshows lately to play "The Wanting Comes In Waves/Repaid" from their latest album. Their latest album is done in the form of a rock opera. A continuous story is told from start to end with some help from Shara Worden(My Brightest Diamond) and Becky Stark(Lavendar Diamond). Apparently Jim James is on the album too. It makes sense to have him provide vocals for tracks where they're just rocking out.

I think Shara Worden's role as the Forest Queen is pretty awesome. I'm not a big fan of her stuff as My Brightest Diamond, but whenever she plays an accompaniment role(Decemberists, Sufjan Stevens, Dark Was The Night), I've found it to be ridiculously good.

Here's a recent video from Leno.



I think it's really cool that the Decemberists were able to get Stark and Worden to come and play their roles. I don't get why Worden decided to wear flesh colored lipstick. It looks like she doesn't have lips. Is this a new thing that I'm out of touch with?

0 comments:

Post a Comment